Express your bad emotions with sad and depressing quotes. These quotes can help you recover your sadness and stay happy in your life.
Morning Quotes is a place to find quotes related to sadness, friendship, love and many other quotes, which will help you get what you want to make your morning amazing and dazzling.
Some sad and depressing quotes by famous people:-
Best Sad And Depressing Quotes
- You can’t stop the birds of sadness from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair.
- We gain strength thanks to pain and sadness. Every time we die, we learn to live again.
- There is nothing more depressing than having it all and still feeling sad.
- Sadness is one of the vibrations that prove that we are alive. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- It’s sad when you realize that you are not as important to someone as you thought you were.
- When you are happy, you enjoy music. But, when you are sad, you understand the lyrics.
- The sad soul in the tastes cries. Mateo Alemán
- Those closest to you are the ones that hurt the most.
- I smile and that’s not why I’m happy, but sometimes I smile to hide my sadness.
- The real pain is the one suffered without witnesses. Marco Valerio Marcial
- Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It is the transition that is problematic. Jimi Hendrix
- The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep joy out. Jim Rohn
- Dying seems less sad than having lived little. Gloria Steinem
- There is no greater sorrow than to remember in misery the moment when we were happy. Dante
- There is no despair as absolute as that which comes with the first moments of our first great sadness, when we have not yet known what it is to have suffered and healed, to have despaired and to have regained hope. George eliot
- Sadness is like a precious treasure, shown only to friends. African proverb
- First, accept the sadness. Realize that without losing, winning is not so good. Alyssa Milano
- There are times when, even to the sober eye of reason, the world of our sad humanity must take on the aspect of Hell. Edgar Allan Poe
- Pain can be explained in a life truly lived, grief and loss accumulate as possessions. Stefan kanfer
- It is a time when one’s spirit is dim and sad, one does not know why; when the past seems like a storm-swept desolation, life is a vanity and a burden, and the future is a road to death. Mark Twain
- Sadness is always the legacy of the past; regrets are pains of memory.
- Don’t make someone your everything. Because when they are gone, you have nothing.
- Sadness is not inherent in things; it does not come to us from the world or from its contemplation. It is a product of our own thinking. Emile durkheim
- Living in the past only blinds you to the future. Andrew Boyd
- Just like the hands of a clock go nowhere, anxious thoughts keep us going round and round without getting us anywhere! Guy finley
- My feeling is that there is nothing better in life than refraining from hurting others and comforting those who are sad. Olive schreiner
- Sadness generally results from one of the following causes: when a man is unsuccessful or when he is ashamed of his success. Seneca
- Smile, even if it is a sad smile, because sadder than a sad smile is the sadness of not knowing how to smile.
- Sadness is nothing more than a wall between two gardens. Kahlil gibran
- There is no worse sadness than remembering happiness on a day of pain. Alfred De Musset
Sad And Depressing Quotes About Love
- In general, people think that I am a strong and happy person … but behind my smiles they simply do not know how much I am suffering.
- What is deservedly suffered must be borne calmly, but when the pain is not deserved, let us resist. Ovid
- Smile because you had the opportunity, cry because you missed it.
- Man could not live if he were completely impervious to sadness. Many sorrows can only be endured when they are embraced, and the pleasure that is experienced in them naturally has a somewhat melancholic character. Emile durkheim
- Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry, and you cry alone. Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- If you are bitter at heart, sugar in your mouth will not help you. Yiddish proverb
- When penalties come, they do not come as lone spies, but in battalions. William Shakespeare
- Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death. Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- The word “happiness” would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. Carl Gustav Jung
- We are more unhappy to see happy people in front of us, than to see people behind us. Montaigne
- The ones you love the most are generally the ones who hurt you the most.
- The heart was made to be broken. Oscar Wilde
- Beauty and sadness always go hand in hand. George MacDonald
- Tears are words that the heart cannot express.
- Everyone has a moment to stand tall, everyone has time to break down and cry.
- My pain turned to sadness and my sadness to anger. My anger turned to hatred and I forgot how to smile.
- Each man has his secret sorrows that the world does not know; And many times we call a man cold when he’s just sad Henry wadsworth
- The only one interested in hearing your sad story is you; And you even wish you don’t have to relive it! Guy finley
- I found more joy in pain than you could find in joy. Sara teasdale
- It was then, looking at fear, that my tortured existence was really born.
- I want to paint something that is beautiful, something perfect. So that it is full of sadness. Gary Hume
- No society has been able to abolish human sadness, no political system can free us from the pain of living, from our fear of death, our thirst for the absolute. It is the human condition that directs the social condition, not the other way around. Eugene Ionesco
- Hating people is like setting your house on fire to kill a rat. Henry Fosdick
- The best and the worst, the light and the dark, the right and the wrong, the happiness and the sadness – they all come together to form the miracle that is life, and neither can exist without the other. Silvetris
- There is a joy in pain that no one but a griever can know.
- Life is like a video game. Only there is no reset button.
- There comes a time when you feel lonely no matter how much company you have …
Sad And Depressing Quotes About Life
- Since unhappiness arouses interest, many, to make themselves interesting, fake unhappiness. Joseph Roux
- We all have sadness in our life and things that we can take advantage of. Sherilyn fenn
- A tragedy does not need to have blood and death; it is enough that everything is filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy. Jean racine
- Just because I let you go doesn’t mean I want you to go.
- Anger is just a cowardly extension of sadness. It is much easier to get angry at someone than to tell them that you are hurt. Tom gates
- Even in times of great sadness, there are always times when we laugh. Selenis Leyva
- I’d rather have a fool to make me happy than experience to make me sad. William Shakespeare
- Anger, tears and sadness are only for those who gave up. Katie gill
- There is so much sadness in the world that we are all bound to contribute as much joy as we can. John Sutherland Bonnel
- Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming. Helen Keller
- The sun can rise and set. If your sun has set, don’t worry. I am your moon. I can give you a light in the dark.
- Every time I do something right,
nobody seems to remember.
But when I do something wrong,
no one can forget it.
- At some point, you must realize that some people may remain in your heart but not in your life.
- I think everyone feels alone in their sadness, it takes a certain courage to listen to other people’s sad stories. Brandon stanton
- Love does not know its own depth until the time of separation. Kahlil gibran
- The absence of love is the most abject pain. Herr Lipp
- I can see the funny side of things and enjoy fun when it is needed; but wherever I look, it always seems more sadness than joy in life. Jerome K. Jerome
- I am afraid of being forgotten. Because it seems like everyone I get close to ends up forgetting me.
- Freedom is what I want, pain and hatred is what I have.
- Nothing can heal the soul but the senses, just as nothing can heal the senses but the soul. Oscar Wilde
- Sometimes I like to be in the rain, because no one can tell that I am crying.
- Do not cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. Dr seuss
- We ignore those who worship us and we worship those who ignore us.
- It’s easy to cry when you realize that everyone you love will reject you or die. Chuck palahniuk
- Sometimes a plan is just a list of things that don’t happen.
- Melancholy and sadness are the beginning of doubt… doubt is the beginning of despair; despair is the cruel beginning of different degrees of evil. Comte de Lautreamont
- Those who fear the dark have no idea what light can do. Katasai rakshasa
- Good humor is the health of the soul, sadness is its poison. Lord Chesterfield
- Sadness does not come from bad circumstances. It comes from bad thoughts.
- If you see a friend without a smile; give him one of yours.
Sad Lonely And Depressed Quotes
- Time does not heal wounds, it only makes them old enough to get used to the pain.
- All good things must come to an end, but all bad things can go on forever.
- Ignore me. I do not care. I’m used to it anyway. I am invisible.
- I wanted to understand pain and the human condition, which is full of pain, regret and sadness, with some happiness, if you are lucky. Kim cattrall
- A mirror shows your external image, but never your pain on the inside.
- Nobody deserves your tears, but who deserves it will not make you cry. Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Why is my existence so perfect with dark places? And why don’t I care anymore? Lemuel WH Ranier
- Sadness is almost never anything other than a form of fatigue. Andre Gide
- Courage and joy will not only lead you to difficult places in life, but will allow you to bring comfort and help to the faint of heart and will comfort you in the sad hours. William osler
- Crying is cleaning. There is a reason for tears, happiness or sadness. Dionne Warwick
- Sadness always occupies the interior of the joys of man. Chateaubriad
- It is loneliness that makes the loudest noise. This is true for both men and dogs. Eric hoffer
- Nothing is miserable unless you think so. Boethius
- The real sadness of the fifties is not that you change so much, but that you change very little. Max Lerner
- … There are two types of people in the world: those who prefer to be sad together with others, and those who prefer to be sad alone. Nicole krauss
- I’m sick of making things worse.
I’m sick of being hurt.
I’m sick of crying to sleep.
I’m sick of hating everything.
I’m sick of faking a smile.
I’m sick of feeling like this.
I’m sick of disappointing people.
I’m sick of being me
- Unhappy is the one to whom childhood memories only bring fear and sadness. HP Lovecraft
- I turned sadness into a hymn for not letting anyone or anything stop them. Baby Rexha
- In the book of life, the answers are not on the back. Charlie brown
- There is not enough darkness in the whole world to put out the light, not even a small candle. Robery alden
- No place in life is sadder than an empty bed.
Gabriel García Márquez (1927-2014) Colombian writer.
- Lord, sorrows were not made for beasts, but for men; but if men feel them too much, they become beasts.
Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616) Spanish writer.
- Tell me friend: Is life sad or am I sad?
Amado Nervo (1870-1919) Mexican poet, novelist and essayist.
- Being a sadness of two, it is no longer sadness, it is joy!
Francisco Villaespesa (1877-1936) Spanish modernist writer.
- Beware of sadness. It is a vice.
Gustave Flaubert (1821-1880) French writer.
- I never thought that happiness had so much sadness.
Mario Benedetti (1920-2009) Uruguayan writer and poet.
- You cannot prevent the bird of sadness from flying over your head, but you can prevent it from nesting in your hair.
- Sadness of the soul can kill you much faster than bacteria.
John Steinbeck (1902-1968) American writer.
- Sadness, although always justified, is often just laziness. Nothing takes less effort than being sad.
Seneca (2 AC-65) Latin philosopher.
These are sad and depressing quotes by famous people. There are even more sad and depressing quotes online.
Sad Depressing Relationship Quotes
- Discard sadness and melancholy. Life is kind, it has only a few days and only now are we to enjoy it.
Federico García Lorca (1898-1936) Spanish poet and playwright.
- Each sigh is like a sip of life that one gets rid of.
Juan Rulfo (1917-1986) Mexican novelist and short story writer.
- Hearts do not hurt and can suffer, hour after hour, up to a lifetime, without anyone ever knowing, too for sure, what is happening.
Camilo José Cela (1916-2002) Spanish writer.
- Relationships sometimes do not end as one expects and others unfortunately do not even begin. These are the sad or melancholic quotes about love:
- Celine: When you are young, you think there will be a lot of people you connect with. And then you realize that it only happens a few times. ” Before sunset.
- “Who ever did crazy things for a woman? Who did not want something that could not have? ” The Suaves.
- “When I end each relationship it hurts me a lot. I never fully recover. So I am very careful about getting involved because it hurts a lot. Even when I’m just sleeping with someone, I don’t really do that, because I’ll miss that person’s stuff. I am obsessed with small things. ” Before sunset.
- «Is connecting with someone that complicated? Or is it simple and we make it worse? ” One Tree Hill.
- «The other side of love, it has always been said, is suffering. Falling in love is buying tickets for pain: distances, jealousy, and indifference hurt. Discussions and disagreements. It hurts to wait for a gesture of affection and to know that whoever we want is not capable of giving it to us. ” Julie Elizabeth Leto .
- «Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes all you need is one. ” One Tree Hill .
- “When feelings deteriorate or are transformed, there is no miracle that can restore them to their original quality.” Ernesto Sábato .
- “It’s strange … even knowing it has to end, when it ends you always feel that inevitable regret of did I do the right thing?” Alfie .
- “How many kisses did I miss for not knowing how to say I need you.” Joaquin Sabina .
- “Sometimes I think that the brain is envious of the heart. He mistreats and ridicules him and denies him what he longs for and treats him like a foot or liver. And in that confrontation, in that battle, the owner of both always loses. ” David Trueba.
- Sad phrase of love and disappointment.
- Remembering the past sometimes causes us nostalgia and melancholy. Here are some sentences that talk about precisely that, from when ancient times were better.
- ‘People have scars of all kinds in remote places, like secret maps of their personal histories. Most of our old wounds heal, leaving only a scar. But some are not cured. Some wounds can go with us everywhere, the pain still lingers… Grey’s Anatomy.
- «Where I want to return, so many things have stayed. Where have I gone? On what island have I been shipwrecked? Ismael Serrano .
- “And there are also many who forever get stuck in these pitfalls and remain all their lives painfully attached to a past without return, to the dream of paradise lost, the worst and most murderous of dreams.” Hermann Hesse.
- «You cannot go back, because life is already pushing you like an endless, endless howl…» José Agustín Goytisolo .
- «It is a pure illusion to pretend to start in the middle of life a« new life »that does not resemble the previous one, to start, as they say, from scratch. Their life will always be built of the same material, of the same bricks, of the same problems, and what at first seems like a “new life” will soon turn out to be a simple variation of the old one. “Milan Kundera.
- You are not the one who wants to leave. They are the places that want to get rid of you. It seems that they repel you, that they tell you that this is not your place. But nobody tells you where you are, and you keep running. ” Frank Schätzing .
- «We spend our whole lives dreaming of unfulfilled wishes, remembering scars, constructing artificially and falsely what we could have been; we are constantly holding back, holding ourselves back, we are constantly deceiving and deceiving ourselves; every time we are less true, more hypocritical; we are increasingly ashamed of our truth. ” Mario Benedetti.
- “I was silent, my forehead against the window and my soul deep in my pocket.” Carlos Ruiz Zafón .
- «Time always ends up erasing the wounds. The weather is a patient and yellow rain that little by little puts out the most violent fires. But there are bonfires burning underground, cracks in memory so dry and deep that not even the deluge of death would perhaps suffice to erase them. ” Julio Llamazares .
- “Sometimes things go wrong and it’s no one’s fault. But everyone wants a why. One reason. Something they can wrap up, put a bow on, and bury it in the backyard. Bury it so deep that it seems like it never happened. ” Leland’s world .
- Sad phrase about the past
- «What you had to say to the person you love remains forever inside you; that person is there, underground and you can no longer look her in the eye, hug her, tell her what you haven’t told her yet. ” Susanna Tamaro .
Sad And painful Quotes About Love
- How many lives do we live? How many times do we die? They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of death, all of us. How much fits in 21 grams? How much is lost? When we lose 21 grams, how much goes with them? » 21 grams.
- «Often the tomb contains without knowing it, two hearts in the same coffin.» Alphonse de Lamartine.
- “You know what I find interesting? If you lose your spouse they call you a widow or widower, if you are a child and you lose your parents, then you are an orphan. But what term is used to describe the parent who loses a child? I guess it’s too horrible to have a name. ” Two meters underground .
- «The great ones do not die, they only leave to be remembered.»
- “It was you who gave me more hugs in bad times, who kept my great secrets and enjoyed just seeing me happy.” Merche .
- «Since we do not know when we are going to die, we come to believe that life is an inexhaustible well. However, everything happens only a certain number of times and not too many. ” Paul Bowles.
- «I have not appreciated what I have had, I have not appreciated it until I have lost it. And if fortune or chance give me the opportunity to see each other again, I swear that I will never hide what is inside me. I will open my heart to you. Wizard of Oz .
- “Only in the agony of saying goodbye are we able to understand the depth of our love.” George Eliot .
- Life is like a movie, he thought. What happens is that it always seems as if you arrived ten minutes after it started, and nobody tells you what it is about, so you have to find out everything on the fly as you see it. And you never, ever have a chance to stay in the seat for the second pass. ” Terry Pratchett .
- Sad phrase about the death of a loved one. Alphonse de Lamartine.
- «Sitting here so weak and vulnerable, quiet while I let the devil speak to me, he confuses me, his voice stuns me and I abandon myself, only if I close my eyes I see this throne that I deserve but I don’t have. I will never put my soul up for sale, I would rather be happy nobody than be a dead legend. ” Nach.
- “Life is short, the watch is a liar, everything that matters cannot be bought with money.” Sharif.
- ” – I’m lost. Can that be fixed? – No. Yes. It’ll be fixed. The more you know who you are and what you want, the less things affect you. – Already. I still don’t know what I want to be… » Lost in translation.
- “I was back where I had started: with nothing but my loneliness.” Arthur Golden.
- “One feels more and more discontent, emptier, more dissatisfied with oneself and with the world. After that you don’t feel anything anymore. One becomes totally indifferent and gray, everyone seems strange and nothing matters anymore. There is no more anger or enthusiasm, you can no longer be happy or sad, you forget to laugh and cry. Then it has become cold within you and you can no longer love anyone. When this point is reached, the disease is incurable. ” Michael Ende.
- “I felt sorry for myself: my memory drawer had kept the same stories for years.” Paulo Coelho.
- “When we thought we had all the answers, suddenly all the questions changed …” Mario Benedetti.
- «I have the feeling that I am trying to get somewhere, as if I know what I mean; But the further I advance, the more I realize that the path to my goal does not exist. The fact that one wanders in the desert does not necessarily mean that there is a promised land. ” Paul Auster.
- “These are not good times for dreamers.” Amelie.
- «Men do not succumb to great sorrows or great joys, and it is because those sorrows and joys come cloaked in an immense fog of small incidents. and life is this, the fog. Life is a nebula. ” Miguel de Unamuno.
- «We hide true crying and true pain with modesty, modesty, and perhaps even with a little greed, with a little fear that they will see it, touch it, get into it, seize its salt and its gall.” Poldy Bird.
- Haters simply need love. Those who do not speak, seek to be heard. Those who scream desperately seek to find their silence. We are very complex. ” Angela Becerra.
- “I know what I’m running from, but not what I’m looking for.” Montaigne.
- “Communication is one of the first things we learn in life, it is curious that as we grow and assimilate words and learn to speak, the less we know what to say or how to ask for what we really want.” Grey’s Anatomy.
- “I wish life were like this, I wish there was a detergent for the wet stains of sadness.” Santiago Rocagliolo.
- «Nobody can do anything against feelings, they are there and they escape any censorship. You can blame yourself for such an act, such a spoken word, but you cannot blame yourself for a feeling, simply because you have no power over it. ” Milan Kundera .
- “The scale of sorrows, the thermometer of bitterness is in direct proportion to the degree of affection we profess for the people who cause it.” Nicolás Tanco Armero .
- «Once upon a time ??, then they lived happily and ate partridges ??. Fairy tales, the basis of dreams. The problem is, fairy tales don’t come true. It’s the other stories, the ones that start with dark and stormy nights, the ones that end terribly. It’s the nightmares, the ones that always seem to come true. ” Grey’s Anatomy.
- “If I think I should fly and crawl instead, I can only get depressed.” Jorge Brusca .
- «I burn in hell, there is a part of me that does not fit anywhere. He would die in their picnic areas, drowned by their flags, beaten by their songs, hated by their soldiers, gored by their sense of humor, killed by their restlessness. I am not like the others. I burn in hell, the hell that I myself am. ” Charles Bukowsky
Sadness Thoughts About Life
- «To find oneself, suddenly, with empty hands, with an empty heart, with memory like a window into the darkness and wondering: what did I do? What did I go? Where have I been? Shadow lost in the shadows, how to recover, how to rebuild yourself, life? » Jaime Sabines
- «We spend our whole lives dreaming of unfulfilled wishes, remembering scars, constructing artificially and falsely what we could have been. every time we are less true, more hypocritical; we are increasingly ashamed of our truth. ” Mario Benedetti
- I’m bored, that’s all. Every now and then I yawn so widely that tears roll down my cheek. ” Jean Paul Sartre
- “Every time someone spoke to me, I wanted to jump out the window or escape in the elevator. People just weren’t interesting to me. Maybe they didn’t have to be. But animals, birds, even insects were. And I couldn’t understand it. Charles Bukowski
- We have freed ourselves from one kind of slavery only to fall into another. Is this freedom? Carson McCullers
- This is depression but we need to fight against it.
- “Sometimes when a person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” Lamartine
- “Nothing makes a room emptier than wanting someone to be in it.” Anonymous
- “Why is life like this? Millions of people in the world and you only need one.”
- “Sometimes we have to accept that there are people who stay in our hearts, even if they don’t stay in our lives.”
- “How to say goodbye to the person who gives meaning to your life.”
- When someone you love leaves, you never quite get over it. You just learn to live without that person, but they are still present in your heart. “
- “I guess I should know enough by now to realize that you never stop missing someone, you only learn to live with the huge void left by their absence.”
All of these were sad and depressing quotes by famous people. These quotes can help you get experience how these famous people handled their life wisely.
Learn from these famous people and make you life happy and peaceful.